2016 BPNA Annual Conference
You are invited to join us for the 42nd British Paediatric Neurology Association 2016 Conference, taking place at:
City Hall, Sheffield, England on 27-29 January 2016
BPNA 2016 is the UK annual paediatric neurology scientific meeting for all doctors working in paediatric neurology and related disciplines (eg paediatrics, neurodisability, child and adolescent psychiatry, neurosurgery, neurophysiology, neuropathology etc) specialist nurses and allied health professionals. Junior doctors and medical students with an interest in paediatrics and neurology are very welcome to attend.
Registration opens 1 July 2015
Abstract closing date EXTENDED TO 9am 14 September 2015 (submit your abstract here)
Abstract selection notification 31 October 2015
Early bird registration until 30 November 2015
Conference: 27-29 January 2016
MacKeith Guest Lecturer: Professor Yanick Crow, Paris
- Dr Richard Grunewald “Non epileptic attacks and their relationship to functional disorders”
- Dr Samuel Harris "Using pre-clinical animal models to understand and develop methods to treat focal cortical epilepsy"
- Dr Jane Herbert “Understanding infant cognition: learning, memory, and the benefits of sleep”
- Professor Dame Pamela Shaw “Lessons from preclinical and clinical research in adult neuromuscular conditions”
- Professor Paul Griffiths "Fetal brain MR imaging - the MERIDIAN study"
- Professor Nicola Robertson "Protecting the term newborn brain: cocktails and ice"
- Professor Ptolemaios g Sarrigiannis "Next generation EEG; beyond what the eyes can see"
- Dr Archana Desurkar “The misdiagnosis of Glut 1 and developing treatments”
Debate: “Withdrawal of care at different ages on neurological grounds”
Choice of personal practice sessions on Thursday and Friday mornings
All trainees are invited to attend the study day on Tuesday 26 January 2016