Distance Learning Course in Child Neurology
The British Paediatric Neurology Association has developed an online course in child neurology with the aim of improving clinical practice. Child Neurology has been divided into twelve ‘topics’. You can study one topic or the whole course. We encourage paediatricians to enrol for individual units and trainees in child neurology to enrol for the whole course.
How long does it take?
There is no specific start date for units and there is no time limit to complete. Each unit take about 48 hours work in total (about 3 months if you do 4 hours or so per week). The epilepsy unit is 108 hours work, so plan for 6 months work – although some people take a year or more.
Do I have to be in the UK to do this?
The course materials are delivered via the internet so you can do this anywhere in the world. We have paediatricians and paediatric neurology trainees enrolled in the course from over 40 countries worldwide. If your country is listed, we can ask the student or group to contact you. We offer a 10% discount when 5 or more enrol together as a group.
- Australia (formal arrangements in place with the Australia & New Zealand Child Neurology Society)
- Dominican Republic
- Hong Kong
- Republic of Ireland
- Kenya (group forming in Nairobi)
- The Netherlands (active group in Groningen)
- New Zealand (formal arrangements in place with the Australia & New Zealand Child Neurology Society)
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa (active group in Johannesburg)
- Sri Lanka
- Sudan (active group in Khartoum)
- Sweden (active group in Gothenburg)
- Switzerland (active group in Zurich)
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom